A new feature has been added to the add-on allowing you to create parallel steps on your workflows. This is useful if your workflow step is branched out to different reviewers from different departments, for example.
If this is your first time setting up reviewers, please check this link first: Step 4: Specify your Reviewers
Once you’re familiar with adding reviewers, here are the steps on adding parallel approvals:
- On the landing page of your Approval Steps List, you’ll notice a (+) sign beside the pencil icon on each step you’ve created. Click on it to add a parallel step.
- You’ll be asked to nominate a name for the parallel step you’ve added.
- Once you’ve successfully added a step, your approval list will appear like this. Click the Pencil icon on the right side of your parallel step bar to set the default reviewer or add conditional approvals:
- Indicate who will review the step by clicking the Pencil icon and add conditions (if necessary) by clicking the (+) icon to complete the set-up for your parallel step. *Note: the reviewer is automatically set as the workflow creator unless set-up otherwise.
- After setting up, click the back arrow to return to the summary of the Approval Steps List.
- If there is nothing left to change on how you’ve set-up your ordered the workflow steps, click the Save icon and Back to Setup to initiate the workflow activation.