Form Workflow Plus makes it easy to automatically route a request to a user's Line Manager. Make sure these three things are properly set up before proceeding:
- The Google Form is set to collect the requester's email address
- Users are added on the web app with their respective Line Manager email addresses set
- On the Form Workflow Plus add-on, set the correct column containing the requester email address under the Basic Setup tab
Detailed instructions are available here: What is a Line Manager?
Once the above settings are in place, here are the steps to add a Line Manager in your workflow:
- Toggle the workflow activation to off then click on Setup and Activate Workflow
- On the Basic Setup tab, make sure the "Select requester's email column" is set then click the Edit button under the "Setup approval steps and reviewers" section
- Click the pencil icon on the step where you wish to set the Line Manager as reviewer
- Add a conditional approval
- Select "Set Line Manager as reviewer" on the Reviewer(s) type dropdown menu.
Note that it is not possible to select "Set Line Manager as reviewer" at the default step. If you don't want to add any conditions inside the step then choose a condition that will be met every time.
For example, First name >> Not equal to >> gibberish or Email address >> Contains >> @
- Save your changes