In this scenario, a trial or Standard account would be joining a Premium account. Both accounts have the same email domain and the trial or Standard account would be granted Creator role in the Premium account. The goal is for the trial or Standard user to retain ownership of their existing workflows when they continue their Creator role in the Premium account.
The following set of instructions considers the following hypothetical users:
- testdev1 - trial or Standard user/account
- testdev2 - Premium account
Step 1: Setup Creator Role in the Premium Account for the Trial or Standard User
Make sure the trial or Standard user is added and granted Creator privileges in the Premium account.
- The Premium account Owner (testdev2) would log in to the Form Workflow Plus web app: https://app.formworkflowplus.com.
- Click the avatar menu on the top right corner then select "Account Settings," as shown:
- Under Manage Users view, click "Add User:"
- Fill in the email address then assign Creator role, as shown:
- Click Save.
Step 2: Deactivate the Workflow Under the Trial or Standard Account
- The trial or Standard user logs into their account and opens the workflow sheet. In this example, we'll be working with "Ownership Demo Old" which is currently activated and owned by testdev1.
- Toggle the activation button to Off, as shown:
Step 3: Link the Form to a New Sheet
- Open the linked Form by clicking on Form>Edit form:
- This will open the Google Form linked to the sheet in a new tab. Head to the Responses tab, then click the 3 vertical dots>Select response destination:
- Name your new spreadsheet. In this example, "Ownership Demo New:"
- Click Create and the new sheet would open in a new tab once done.
Step 4: Clean Up the New Sheet
From this point forward, we'll be working with "Ownership Demo New" as the linked sheet. It's important that any copied row is removed prior to loading the Form Workflow Plus add-on. Otherwise, any existing row would trigger the workflow and create a new FW ID.
- Highlight the row/s to be deleted then right click anywhere on the page.
- Select "Delete row", as shown:
Step 5: Load Form Workflow Plus Under the Team Account
- Open the Add-ons menu then select Form Workflow Plus>Start.
- At this point, the User Accounts menu would pop up. Note that the trial or Standard user in this demo (testdev1) has Creator roles on both trial/Standard and Premium accounts. Make sure to select the Premium account (testdev2) to proceed:
- Once loaded, the sheet (Ownership Demo New) with the add-on should appear thus:
Step 6: Setup Review Steps and Activate the Workflow
The reviewers and steps as well as any advanced settings would not be ported over from the old workflow. These would need to be set up, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Once done, simply toggle the Activation button to On:
Once activated, you'll end up with a workflow activated by user (testdev1) as part of a Premium account (testdev2):
Note: Ongoing requests under the trial/Standard account would need to be approved via the Form Workflow Plus dashboard for the old account. If there are pending requests that require approval and the account was deactivated, please reach out to email@example.com.
How Would Form Submissions Appear After the Transfer?
Let's track FW1569603767138, a new entry in our "Ownership Demo New" sheet:
Remember that "Ownership Demo New" is a sheet under the Premium (testdev2) account but owned/activated by testdev1. Opening the Form Workflow Plus Dashboard for the Premium account, we see:
Loading the "Manage Workflows" view would confirm that the transfer was complete and successful: